We are moving out of the country and need to sell absolutely everything. We struggled buying this 23′ motorboat 3 years ago. “Should we buy it or save for an extended sailing trip?” In the end, it was a great decision – It got us places quickly, one of our main requirements. We worked all week (like most people) and needed to get places on the weekends. We learnt a ton. Just common boating stuff like how to anchor properly and not end up on the rocks. How to stern tie in crowded or deep anchorages like Desolation Sound and general engine bits and pieces before it was re-powered with a brand new engine. So here she is, our beloved cruising / fishing boat….
For Sale – 1993 Sea Ray 230 (23′)
Feel free to contact me, Ben, at 250 588-6994 for more info or to schedule a viewing.
Recently repowered with a brand new 2013 (not rebuilt) 6.1 liter 320HP V8 Mercruiser with new Carb, new electric distributor, new engine fresh water pump. Installed by professional marine mechanic (Dave Conway) in September 2013. Under 50 hours of use.
This is the perfect size boat for trailering, short or longer term cruising or for some serious fishing. Fully equipped with down riggers, depth sounder, chart plotter. A holding tank keeps you completely compliant in the US or anchorages and a lovely electric flush toilet will impress your wife or girlfriend.
Sleeps 4, but is more comfortable sleeping 2 adults (2 children would also sleep comfortably). Seats up to 8 outside. Take it to Desolation Sound or overnight to gulf islands or Roche Harbor. Go on that overnight fishing trip you always wanted to do. Sea Ray is a renowned manufacturer that builds solid boats that can handle the roughest of seas. The size and height will allow you to stay dry even in the biggest of chop. Stay out and keep catching while the 18 to 20 footers run for cover. She’s known to be lucky. Does not pound in waves but instead charges thru them like they’re butter with her newly repowered 6.1 L Mercruiser.
Priced to sell at $15,000. Moving out of country. Would keep this gem if I could. She has had absolutely everything done just in time for the next lucky owner. This is a steal as we are selling her for the same price we purchased her for prior to upgrades (new engine, electronics, down riggers etc).
LOA: 23 ft
Beam: 8 ft
Draft: 2 ft 9 in
Displacement: 4000lbs (as per spec, note new engine)
Model: 6.1 L V8
Fuel Type: Gas
Fuel Tank: 168 L approx
Holding Tank: 45 L
Fresh Water Tank: 45 L
- Convertible Dinette/Sleeper
- Storage under cushions
- Galley with sink, electric water pump, new alcohol stove, storage above and below, and ice box refrigerator
- Enclosed Head with electric Jabsco marine head optional holding tank or direct overboard discharge
- Aft Berth with sliding window and storage under
- Forward Hatch
- Ritchie Compass
- Lowrance Elite 5 chart plotter and fish finder (US and Canadian Charts)
- 12V Cabin lights (4)
- 12V receptacle
- Auto Bilge Pump (new 2013)
- Electric Bilge blower
- Power trim and tilt
- Hydraulic Trim tabs
- Marine CD player with aux and Sirius capability. 4 Speakers.
- Electric water pump
- Electric Marine head.
- Tinted curved walk through windshield
- Convertible Sunbrella Top with 6’5” headroom
- Sea Ray Backlit Instrumentation including: tach, fuel gauge, oil pressure, temp, voltmeter, trim gauge
- Swim step with fold down ladder
- 2 configurations of back benches (fishing configuration of small corner seats and cruising configuration of large custom bench)
- Anchor storage locker
- Anchor with 25’ chain and the rest rope rode.
- Aluminum Bunk Trailer (Shorelander)
Maintenance and Accessories:
Prior to possession
- New canvas with 6’5” Headroom
- Freshwater use only (Kelowna)
- Installed heat exchanger (for saltwater use).
- New GPS & Depth sounder.
- New windshield wipers.
- New lines, fenders, fender holders.
- New bottom paint.
- New Alcohol Stove.
- New crate engine with all new internals (crank, pistons, cams etc etc). 6.1 L Mercruiser. 320 HP. V8.
- New engine water pump.
- New carburetor.
- New electric distributer.
- New bilge pump.
- New fresh water (drinking) pump.
- New zincs.
- Oil/Filter change.
- New zincs.
- Oil/Filter change.
- Toilet rebuild (new impeller and poo chopper upper).
- New trim tab switches. Trim tab service.
- Outboard leg fluid change.
- Outboard leg impeller replacement (preventative maintenance).
- Outboard leg disassembly & inspection. Everything in excellent condition.
Other Accessories / Options
- Shore Power Option from factory
- Jabsco electronic head
- Lowrance Elite 5 Fish finder/Chart plotter with Canadian and US Charts
- Anchor with Chain & Rode.
- Dually trailer (bunk style).
- Boat trailer tie downs.
- Back deck bench.
- Two back deck corner seats.
- CD/Radio player with Sirius Satellite capabilities built in. 4 marine speakers.
- 4 PFDs